Monday, May 12, 2014

Jake & Miller's Big Adventure


I saw this over at   The Lonely Libertarian   a few days ago and thought it might be something that would interest the kid that I'm tutoring.  I ordered a copy from  Amazon  and it arrived over the weekend.

Its a cute little book that's probably suitable for kids from about kindergarten to maybe 3rd grade.  The illustrations will make it interesting for the younger ones.  The text isn't exactly kindergarten level but its not so challenging that it would discourage a little kid.

The story is good, the message about thinking ahead and being prepared is clear but not overdone and it has a cute ending.   I dropped it off with my student's mom this afternoon and she thought it was perfect.  I'm really looking forward to hearing the kid read it tomorrow.
















2 comments:

Phssthpok said...

I was hoping we'd be getting updates on the youngling scholar.

Lantry said...

I'll have an update in a few days. he is making progress for the first time all year but its gonna be a long row to hoe.