Sunday, July 13, 2014

Nice Rack

At my weekly sojourn to the local Goose Berg, I noticed this little pistol rack.


Its supposed to go in your safe; your Liberty Safe; but I liked the idea of using it on my night stand.  The drawer was what did it because it will keep the spare magazines, speed loaders and maybe even a small Sure Fire flashlight from getting mixed in with the car keys, spare change and whatever books I'm reading.

The rack is a typical vinyl coated metal rack.  It has four prongs that hold the guns.  You just slide the barrel down over a prong and there's your gun.  We don't have any kids in the house so keeping a loaded gun like that isn't a problem here.

The writing on the box talks about keeping the guns ready for a quick draw and I suppose it would be quicker than fumbling through everything on the night stand to get to the gun.  I mean, that is why I thought it was worth the thirty bucks I spent on it.  The funny thing is that the box also says its not for loaded guns.  I haven't figured out why I'd ever need to quickly draw an unloaded gun but that's OK.   I tested the weight capacity of the rods. They will hold handguns from .25 ACP (maybe even .22) to .45 Colt and they will hold those guns while they are loaded.

No comments: