Friday, November 1, 2013

The Danger of Shopping At Home

The Lovely Bride has gotten hooked on QVC. She doesn't buy a lot of stuff from them so I guess the disease hasn't reached the terminal stage yet but she follows some of the QVC sales people on Twitter and is always talking about this or that being on "Easy Pay."

One thing she did just buy is some high dollar shampoo for the dog. The guy that makes it has dogs. We know this because he puts pictures of them on Facebook. Dogs plus Facebook plus QVC means it must be good. Its supposed to do all sorts of great stuff and has none of the ingredients that hurt dogs that you find in regular dog shampoo. I don't know how much it cost but it was on Easy Pay so it couldn't have been cheap. I didn't say anything. Dogs plus Facebook plus QVC plus Easy Pay was just too much for her. I understand.   Gunbroker has gotten to me before. We all have our  weaknesses. 

She gave the dog a bath a couple of days ago. It seems to be good stuff. He's clean and isn't scratching. There's just one little problem. The stuff is Maple-scented. It smells like Maple syrup.  I go to pet my dog and he smells like this:




I'm not kidding.

Maybe I should invent a dog shampoo that smells like Hoppes No. 9.

No comments: