Sunday, August 12, 2012

You Might Be A Winner

My old tractor had been so troublesome the past several weeks that I had begun to wonder if it wasn't prophetic that the engine was made by Onan.   I decided to tackle this week's breakdown early yesterday morning.  A little tinkering with the float level and the tractor ran like a charm.  Kept running when I put it in gear and it kept running when I engaged the mower deck.  It mowed grass.  It even kept running when I ran over a pile of copper wire that wrapped around the blades and stopped them from moving.   That's how strongly it is supposed to run and it did.

When I got done mowing and cutting the wire off the blades, I checked the lottery ticket that I bought on Monday.  I don't usually buy lottery tickets but I don't usually find myself in Leesburg either so, while I was there Monday, I figured it couldn't hurt.  I won five bucks.  Winning is winning and don't try to tell me any different.  I won the lottery - dammit!

With two victories under my belt I decided to go for broke and hit the reloading room wherein I assembled a small quantity of M2 Ball equivalent. 

Three tiny little "victories" in one day.   Nice.

No comments: