Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Confuser Woes




Some years back, I bought QuickLOAD 'cause I thought it might help me conjure up a load for a 303 Savage with a 190 grain bullet.  30-30 Winchester data is fine to use in the 303 Savage but I was unable to find any for a 190 grain bullet.   I tinkered with it for a while, kept coming up with loads that were really hot and decided to just go back to my old books.

Two computers later, I thought it might be nice to try QuickLOAD again and decided to install it on my current machine.  It don't work!  My machine thinks the disc is blank and wants to format it.  It will install on the Lovely Bride's computer.  We have the same version of Winders but mine is holding its breath and stomping its feet.  It will install on my office computer.  The only computer we have that it won't install on is my laptop.  

My rule of thumb is that when something just absolutely falls apart or just absolutely won't work at all, the problem is something fundamental.  Its often something small.   So I gave up fooling with it.  I even left the disc at work the last two days so I won't be tempted to try installing it again any time soon.  I have many and better ways to waste an afternoon

No comments: