Tuesday, May 29, 2012


A few months back, I read a post on the 24 Hour Campfire about a fungusy looking plant called “Lion's Mane.” Its supposed to be good for memory, fight various kind of dementia, all sorts of cancer and just about anything that spammers don't address in your email. I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try so I bought a bottle.

I can honestly tell you that the stuff does help memory problems. I started taking two capsules a day and, thereafter, every time I'd misplace something, the wife would say “Go get some of your Tiger Paw” and I'd reply “Its Lion's Mane. Tiger Paw is a tire.” Then it was “Go get some of your Bear Claw” and I'd reply “Its Lion's Mane. Bear Claw is a pastry.” The last time this happened, she said “Go get some of your...” and paused to think of something new to call it. She paused just long enough for me to suggest “Cougar's Tail?”

She hasn't forgotten what its called since.

2 comments:

Garand Gal said...

Oh Good Lord you're a smart aleck too. >:)

Lantry said...

I guess I'm guilty as charged but it really did happen that way. :-)